Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update

Yesterday I went for my follow-up with Dr.Richards. I have been praying for some good news but the Doctor said her condition is still pretty scary, not much lung development and everything seems to be taking up Savannah's chest space. My fluid levels have increased to 44 compared to 27 before and the normal is 5-25.That must explain all the pain in my ribs. Although I am scared of being on this roller coaster it seems that the time is almost here and the real battle is about to begin. I am scheduled for a c-section on Aug. 30th but everyone seems to think I will go before that, I have my doubts as well. I thought I could handle Trey being here with me until Savannah was born but it's definitely been challenging. I am confused on how to prepare myself for whats about to happen simply because I don't know whats going to happen. Another challenging situation I have been experiencing walking around the baby section at the store and looking at little headbands, socks, or blankets. I hate to be selfish and ask God to let Savannah survive when so many other parents have dealt with the loss of their baby to CDH, angels who have grown their wings. I guess I should just be grateful that there are so many who are here for me and praying for Savannah.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you and Savannah! I don't think it is selfish at all to pray and hope and believe that Savannah will survive. I believe she will!
    Hugs!!!! I know this time is hard!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer
    Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008 RCDH survivor/Shands alumnae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Savannah and you! Hope your little girl comes out fighting and amazes her doctors with her determination and fight!! Stay strong for your little girl and cherish this time with her.

    Hugs,
    Tracy, Ian's mom from CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you as your date is drawing close & hope you are doing ok. We are keeping your family & baby Savannah in our prayers!

    Shelly Moore
    Grandma to CDH angel Jayden & CHD survivor K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At one point I thought it was selfish too. BUT it's NOT! We are suppose to pray for our family, for whats best for them. Fully Rely On God. (frog) :) You & your family are in our prayers!

    Alicia Montgomery
    Mom to RCDH survior Whitney, born 7/21/10

    ReplyDelete